Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Middle School in the 90s: A Spotify Flashback

Since I list this blog on my resume and I just sent it out to a few places, I ought to try a little harder to post more frequently. Sadly, my new music consumption is nearly non-existent. I've been on a real '90s kick lately. Pretty much anything I listened to in middle school has been on constant play.

I made up a little Spotify playlist, in case anyone wants to check it out. Of course, by "little" I mean it's four hours long. Whatever. It's full of good stuff. It's not comprehensive by any means -- "Dammit" isn't even on there. But, it's a start. It's called, "The Awkward Phase" because I was pretty damn awkward in middle school.

http://open.spotify.com/user/audiodaughter/playlist/49RNDPIL2YKarUacKy8yqM

For those of you that don't have Spotify, here are a few bands that are featured on the playlist:
Blues Traveler
Something Corporate
Blink 182
Blind Melon
Ben Folds Five
The Presidents of The United States of America
Radiohead
Offspring
Nada Surf
Weezer

PS-If you're wondering what I looked like back then: Just take the fashion from any of those videos and put them on a girl with short pink pigtails.

(Alright, fine! I was really awkward in middle school.)

No comments:

Post a Comment