Friday, June 25, 2010

Showing My Roots

No reviews today, but I felt the urge to blog none-the-less.

I've been listening to a lot more country music than usual. That's not to say I don't usually listen to country-I actually listen to quite a bit. My nights tend to hold a large variety of music. Lately, though, I've been all country, all the time. It might have something to do with my lack of foot-stomping concerts. Either way, here's a list of my most played songs recently.

Tortured, Tangled Hearts, Truth No. 2, and White Trash Wedding- Dixie Chicks

These are all so rowdy and fun. I love a good fiddle and banjo!
Simple Life-Carolyn Dawn Johnson
This has been a favorite song of mine for quite awhile. I just love it.
Crazy Little Thing Called Love- Dwight Yoakam
One of my mom's favorite songs, it's recently become one of mine, too. It's so danceable! (See: That Gap commercial circa 2003)
Johnny & June-Heidi Newfield
Who doesn't want a love like Johnny & June's?
Getaway Car-The Jenkins
This song is old and pretty much their only hit, that I know of. But I love it. It's so tragic and sweet.
Rhythm of the Rain-The Judds
I can't describe my love for this song properly. I've known it practically all my life and nothing beats rockin' along to it and pretending I can sing.
American Honey-Lady Antebellum
I know half the girls in America probably say the same thing, but I don't care: This is my song.
Nothin' Better to Do-LeAnn Rimes
If I had a fluffy white skirt, I'd wear it and swish around while dancing to this song.
New Strings, Airstream Song, The House That Built Me-Miranda Lambert
Interesting Fact: I don't think there is a sing song Miranda Lambert has done that I haven't loved with all my heart. These are just my three favorites.
Runaway-Love & Theft
If I had to pick a song that currently describes my life, this would be pretty close to perfect.
Trials & Troubles-Old Crow Medicine Show
This song makes me long for a beat-up pickup truck so I can hang my feet out the bed and pretend to play guitar.
The Entire Sugarland Catalog
I love Sugarland. Fin.
Bury Me Under The Weeping Willow-Roseanne Cash
Johnny Cash was right, this song fits her voice perfect. I adore it more than I ever imagined I would.


So, there you have it. That's been my playlist for the last week or so. A few things were missing, but I think that's the basics. As you can see, though, my list is made up of mostly female singers. My only explanation for this is that it's easier for me to sing along with girls. But, I also think the music industry in general is female heavy, so I think that also explains it.

Know of something that's not on my list, but should be? Share it. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment