Friday, February 24, 2012

Private Session Confessions: Addendum

I've spent a lot of time on Private Session tonight. I've listened to Kings of Leon's "I Want You" roughly 50 times. I did this a few weeks ago, too.

Kings of Leon is every bit worthy of the shit they are given from music lovers and the press.

With that out of the way, they can still write some pretty awesome songs. They're good at piquing a mood. I can be in a completely chill mood, put on "Four Kicks" and be ready to fight someone by halfway through it.

"I Want You" -- Well, it puts me in the complete opposite mood. Like a lot of songs do for many people, it reminds me of one very specific person. Wrong or right, it reminds me of (the previously mentioned) MOMD. It's a little dirty, but it's fun...which might actually sum him up quite nicely.

I spent the better part of our friendship trying to figure out what, exactly, our friendship was supposed to be. If I think about it for too long, I'll admit that I'm still not really sure. Luckily for both of us, I stopped caring a long time ago. But, I've had a crush on him practically since we started talking. So, I like the chorus. It didn't matter who I was with at the time, I always wanted him, too. I still do, too, I guess.

Just exactly like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment